Why go to church?


A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper & complained
that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. 'I've gone for 30
years now,' he wrote, '& in that time I have heard something like 3,000
sermons, but for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them.
So, I think I'm wasting my time & the preachers & priests are wasting
theirs by giving sermons at all.'  
This started a real controversy in the 'Letters to the Editor' column.

Much to the delight of the editor, it went on for weeks until someone
wrote this clincher:

'I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some
32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for
a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me &
gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me
these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be
spiritually dead today!'
When you are DOWN to nothing, God is UP to something!
Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible & receives the
impossible!

Thank God for our physical & our spiritual nourishment!

---
As received on whatsapp

Comments

Popular Posts