Facing a vast and powerful enemy

I'm writing this both as a diary and as a lesson to many of us, as we married people usually undergo such traumatic events, often. As you may have known, my marriage is going through rough paths lately, my in-laws in Coimbatore have become unpredictable and quick to carry out irreversible destruction without a thought. I usually call it "stunts". They took away my wife and 2 year old daughter without any information last Tuesday (5th July), and changed their phone number!

Surprised attacks are common to many of us, especially those who are constantly being attacked - you know what I mean.

Correlating Scripture

In Israel's history, king Jehoshaphat faced a sudden threat from a far bigger, stronger and fierce neighboring king. At the time he received information the enemy already is nearing. Panic stuck the nation, the King was tormented in heart. He called for Godly men for counsel. He instructed the whole nation to assemble quickly to "seek God" for help. The word of God came to Jehoshaphat to 1) Take position and Stand, 2) Enemy will be defeated by God because the battle is not of Jehoshaphat's it is the Lord's battle against evil. He did exactly as told and the only thing this king do in for the battle is to organize a praise singing in the battle ground
"Give thanks to the LORD
for his love endures forever"
- 2 Chron. 20
was the singing. As the praises started, his enemies were defeated by more of the enemies' enemies, and all died.

I can see my own situation in the situation of king Jehosaphat! My enemies are strong - very good in speach and execution of ideas, and I'm vulnerable to devastating damage to my family. We can sketch out the following:

I. Problem:
1. Enemy is Vast and Powerful
2. Attack is sudden - king / we do not have an executable plan

II. Steps:
1. Called Godly men for councel
2. Word of God received (God's action plan for the situation)

III. Solution: 
1. Problem is the Lord's (primarily)
2. God fights 'His enemy'
    a. Take position, stand.
    b. Deliverance is 'from God'

IV. Action: 
1. Jehosaphat's army took position
2. Started to glorify God through 'singing'

V. Result:
As they began singing, enemies started to be defeated - enemy vs enemy.

My Action Plan (and yours too)

So let's follow the above sketch.
I. Problem:  
1. Unpredictable, irreversibly destructive, sudden attack (kidnap)
2. I do not have an executable plan (I'm blank)

II. Steps taken:
1. Called for neighboring Pastor
2. Word of the Lord received (now the plan is with me, I cudn't post it here sorry)

III. Solution: 
1. The problem is the Lord's, fighting with people with ungodly grounds
2. I have to take position, and stand

IV. Action:
(I have to take position, keep doing the Lord's work as I've stepped into ministry recently)

V. Result:
Enemies will be defeated - enemy for enemy. We only need to be still!
Although i'm in stage III, I am sure if Action plan is correctly done by me Result will be as posted above.

All the best! God be with you in your storm!

Comments

Popular Posts